Integrate Pure Storage into NetWrix Auditor

What is a one sentence summary of your feature request?

Add Integration with Pure Storage

Please describe your idea in detail. What is your problem, why do you feel this idea is the best solution, etc.

Can you please add integration with Pure Storage? We have started to create and distribute SMB and NFS file shares from our Pure Storage Flash Array. We need the ability to audit access to those shares with Netwrix Auditor. I see that you have that integration already with NetApp. It would be great if you could also allow for integration with Pure Storage.

How do you currently solve the challenges you have by not having this feature?

This will unfortunately preclude us from distributing these shares in production.

Have a current Netwrix Auditor customer who is moving their data from Isilon to Pure Storage and would like to be able to have the same visibility into what is happening and who has permissions to the data in this new data respository. Could drop Netwrix Auditor in the future if this is something we do not do.

2 Likes

I am PUREly interested in this topic, so are there any updates on it?

Crickets from NetWrix support on this. We have since moved on to a different logging solution for our own Pure arrays when it comes to the file shares we have set up on them.

1 Like

Interesting. I saw your reply via email, which was really well written. I now since it has been deleted or hidden by a moderator. I guess NetWrix is a little sensitive when it comes to constructive criticism.

1 Like

To be fair I was being a little sarcastic.

An add-on for Pure Storage was recently released, for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet:

New Netwrix Auditor add-on: Pure Storage (now Everpure) FlashArray File Auditing support (beta) - Auditor / News - Netwrix Community

1 Like

Is there documentation on the Pure Storage add-in? How to install/configure, etc? I see it is an MSI file. Can it just be run on top of an existing Netwrix install?

Good afternoon Kevin,

The add-on ships as a separate MSI package. It runs independently, but it should be installed on the same Netwrix Auditor VM. It should be available to you through your customer portal.

It’s built around the syslog messages recommended by the manufacturer.

Documentation is available here:

The announcement is here:

I hope this helps — we’d really appreciate your feedback.

Feel free to contact if you run into any issues.

Thank you in advance,
Evgenii

2 Likes